Wednesday, November 25, 2009
You know what? Life is awesome. Remember how I blogged at the beginning of the year about 2009 being the year of change? It seriously has been--in fact, I believe that in December I'll probably write a blog detailing the highlights of 2009. But for now, since it's Thanksgiving, and it's what you're supposed to do, I wanted to make a list of things I'm thankful for. Because there are a lot of them. And honestly...you should too. And then when you start getting yourself all worked up over something, tossed into a panic, getting into hypothetical arguments in your head (is that just me?) you can look back and remember that things are actually pretty ok.
I'm Thankful For (in random order):
1. AB--I've dated a lot of douchebags. I've also dated some really great guys, but there have been more than a few twats. And I had kind of figured that at some point I was going to have to lower my standards just a little bit, because no one was ever going to be able to fulfill all my expectations. Wrong. AB is exactly who I always hoped I'd find but never really thought I would. And all those people who said living with a boy was going to suck and be hard--what is WRONG with you?? It's awesome!
2. My family. This is pretty much a no-brainer. I have the best family I know of, and I've met a lot of families. They're fun, funny, adorable, and my best friends.
3. My hair. It's still amazing. I think sometimes I fear that it'll turn normal or plain, but that hasn't happened yet. GO GINGERS.
4. Hamlet. Ok, he can be a real asshole sometimes, but I have the cutest dog EVER. I dare you to try to find a cuter one. And while he makes me SO mad sometimes, I love him so much, and get so proud of him. Who would have thought that pooping outside would make me want to throw a party?
5. LA Fitness. Ohhh, how I adore thee. If I could wrap LA Fitness in a little bundle and put it in my pocket forever, I would. I'm throwing spin class on this one. I sometimes wish I could hug spin class.
6. 20% off coupons from Coach. Why didn't I sign up for their e-mail list earlier??
7. My rockin' house. Have you been to visit me yet? It rocks.
8. No hospital visits in over a year! I'm sure it was smart to say that...but after three several day long hospital stays in less than two years, I was starting to think that there were little terrorists living in my body trying to sabotage me. And maybe there WERE, but luckily my Belgian mafia badassness kicked them out.
9. Gmail. I love gmail. I should write a letter to Google, because it's fantastic.
10. Cruise to Mexico in December, New Orleans for New Year's, and Vegas in February! I promise to send you all postcards! I also feel like I should start investing in some SPF 45. I would rather not come back from any of those destinations looking like a tomato.
11. IKEA. The world seems better knowing that IKEA is in it.
12. Smoothies. I haven't had one in a really long time, but I could totally go for a pineapple-strawberry smoothie right now. My throat hurts. I'm not actually sure this should make the list, but I'd be really happy if one magically appeared.
13. My friends...I started to name them, but then realized I'd probably forget someone and they'd no longer be my friend. Although...if they stop being my friend based on a blog omission, I think I question the validity of our friendship! But you know who you are! The friends I've had forever, the ones I talk to all day via email and gchat (thanks gmail!), the new friends I've made over the past few months, the ones who send me postcards from all around the country, the ones who ALWAYS make me crack up laughing, the ones who totally would have my back if I ever get into a giant street fight...you get the idea!
I think this list could go on for awhile...so rather than ramble, I'm going to suggest that each of you go out and tell someone in your life that you're thankful for them being there. If you're reading this, you're either a friend of mine or a random internet stranger who has been stalking me...in either case, I'm thankful for you!