Thursday, June 19, 2008

Purpose

"We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already; we have the power to imagine better."
JK Rowling

My co-worker came into work today with a present for me. Any day that starts out with me getting presents is bound to be a good day, regardless of my lackadaisical wake-up process this morning. It's called Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle. It's about transcending our ego-based state of consciousness to find personal happiness. I'm not really into self-help books, which is surprising when you consider my constant struggle to better myself. I don't think that's what it is, though...and it actually seems interesting. It's called a "spiritual manifesto." I like manifestos. I also like things that are spiritual (as long as they're not stiflingly religious.)

Also, one of my students just came in and was talking about when she lived in England. She apparently lived in a farmhouse on the vicarage, and had peacocks in her yard. She also happens to be very tall and willowy, and extremely pretty. I think if Jane Austen were around, she'd want to write a book about her. To be clear, I am not a huge Jane Austen fan. I am a moderate fan. Some of her books are SO boring and stupid. Others are rather entertaining.

That's all.

xoxo

No comments: