Breaking news. AB and I are moving in together. If you aren't already in possession of this information, and if you know me at all, I'm going to go ahead and give you some time to pick your jaw up off of the floor and collect yourself.
(you could also use this time to grab a snack or ponder a mystery of life...like why it's acceptable to wear jeans with anything. Jeans are BLUE, and the color blue does not match everything.)
Ok, I'm going to assume that we're all good now. So yes. We're moving in together. We found the most adorable townhouse in Hellam. It has three bedrooms (including a master bedroom with vaulted ceilings, a ceiling fan, and a huge walk-in closet, which was kind of prerequisite for me) two and a half bathrooms (one of which has a jacuzzi tub) a living room (with a remote-controlled fireplace) big open kitchen, deck, finished basement, washer and dryer...it's completely awesome. My little OCD-crazed brain is already whipping out lists of things to buy and ways to decorate, and we don't even move in until June 1.
I've been living by myself for the past 5 years. Prior to that, any attempt I have made to cohabitate with anyone has been a catastrophe the likes of Mariah Carey attempting to act. So I have my concerns. AB, luckily, is one of the most laid-back people I've ever met, and seems completely prepared to handle the fact that I'm probably going to panic and lose my mind over this at least twice before we actually move. But in order to catch any of that before it happens, I have decided to track some of the thoughts I'm having about the whole situation!
Thoughts I'm having and general philosophical meanderings:
1. AB and I already spend just about every night together. On the days that we don't see each other, I miss him. In every single other relationship I've ever had, we either didn't see each other nearly that often, or if we did I was so happy and relieved to be left alone...or in the case of my last relationship, it was both!
2. We have now gone away together twice...once to the beach in Ocean City, and just last week to Florida for 5 days. Both times we've been together continuously for several straight days, and I didn't get annoyed with him. I have only ever had one or two FRIENDS even that I don't get annoyed with after a few days.
3. Norman Bates is completely correct that we all go a little mad sometimes. He was NOT correct in dressing up like his mother and killing people in showers. I digress. But I've gotten very used to having my own space and my own ways of dealing with things when I go a little crazy. However, AB has thus far done a very good job of handling me when that happens.
4. I will dance around in my underwear at least once a week. AB assures me this will actually NOT be an issue, and has encouraged me to do this even more.
5. We have yet to have a fight of any kind. On one hand, living together might make our first fight tricky because we're kind of stuck together then. On the other hand, it might be a good experiment and force us to work it out.
6. One of my most favorite things about AB is the fact that he talks. Like, we talk all the time about pretty much everything, and I feel like we're on the same page about things.
7. I have spent the past five years making my current townhouse as "mine" as I can. When people walk in, they're usually like, "This place is SO Sara." I fully approve of AB's decorative tastes based on his current apartment, but I'm worried I'm going to have a hard time compromising on that.
By the way, if any of you reading this would like to make yourself available to help me move that weekend, please know that I will provide you with beverages, snacks, and positive verbal reinforcement. Moving blows. That's why I haven't done it in awhile. But I'm super excited!